Last 6 April 2017, the Civil Service Commission issued the Memorandum Circular No. 11 Series of 2017 addressed to: All Heads of Constitutional Bodies; Departments, Bureaus and Agencies of National Government; Local Government Units; Government-Owned or Controlled Corporations with Original Charters; and State Universities and Colleges.
The CSC MC No. 11 s. 2017 states:
PURSUANT TO CSC RESOLUTION NO. 1700656 PROMULGATED ON MARCH 21, 2017, THE COMMISSION APPROVED THE ADOPTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA SHEET (PDS) (CS FORM NO. 212, REVISED 2017), TOGETHER WITH THE WORK EXPERIENCE SHEET.
THE PERSONAL DATA SHEET (CS FORM NO. 212, REVISED 2017) IS SUPPORTED BY THE GUIDE TO FILLING OUT THE PDS TO GUIDE THE EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE FIELDS INTRODUCED IN THE SAID PDS FORM.
OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES SHALL SUBMIT TWO (2) COPIES OF THEIR ACCOMPLISHED PERSONAL DATA SHEET (CS FORM NO. 212, REVISED 2017) TO THE AGENCY HRMO NOT LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2017. THE AGENCY HRMO SHALL SUBMIT ONE (1) COPY OF THE EMPLOYEES’ PDS TO THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION FIELD OFFICE CONCERNCED.
ANY MISINTERPRETATION MADE IN THE PERSONAL DATA SHEET (CS FORM NO. 212, REVISED 2017) AND THE WORK EXPERIENCE SHEET SHALL CAUSE THE FILING OF ADMINISTRATIVE CASE/S AGAINST THE PERSON CONCERNED.
THIS MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR SHALL TAKE EFFECT FIFTEEN DAYS AFTER THE PUBLICATION OF THE SAID CSC RESOLUTION IN A NEWSPAPER OF GENERAL CIRCULATION.
ALICIA DELA ROSA-BALA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
For those who need the pdf file of the Personal Data Sheet (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017), you can download the four individual pages below:
Guide to Filling Out the Personal Data Sheet (PDS)
Please fill out each of the fields in the PDS when applicable.
- The PDS may be accomplished using the MS Word format or MS Excel format.
- In the MS Excel format, all the tick boxes will automatically be marked once clicked.
- The PDS must bear the signature of the employee and date of accomplishment at the bottom of every page.
- Entries in the PDS may be filled out through handwriting or via typewriter/computer. If handwritten, entries should be in block capital (e.g. PRINT) format using a pen.
- All information should be provided accurately.
- Do not leave blank entries. Put N/A if not applicable.
- For purposes of application to a vacant position, the additional sheet for work experience should be accomplished.
I. Personal Information
- Employee’s name is to be filled out in the following format: surname, first name, name extension (if any), middle name. A space is allotted for each character or letter in the name.
- Dates are in numeric format: mm/dd/yyyy
- Specifics should be given to “Others” response in the civil status field.
- Agency employee number refers to employee ID number in the current agency.
- For holders of foreign/dual citizenship, please select from the dropdown list the foreign country where you were born/naturalized or type/write the same in the space provided therein.
II. Family Background
- Names of spouse and parents are to be filled out the following format: surname, first name, name extension (if any), middle name.
- Mother’s name is her maiden name, or name when she was single or before marriage.
- List full names (first name and surname) of ALL your children.
- Date of birth is in numeric format: mm/dd/yyyy
III. Educational Background
- Indicate FULL name of schools. DO NOT ABBREVIATE.
- For Elementary Level, indicate PRIMARY EDUCATION if graduated
- For Secondary Level, indicate HIGH SCHOOL if graduated under the old curriculum; or JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL or SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL if graduated under the K-12 curriculum.
- Indicate in FULL all courses taken in college (e.g. ASSOCIATE IN ARTS, AB ECONOMICS, BS PSYCHOLOGY, MA IN HISTORY).
- Indicate all masters or doctorate degrees taken.
- If graduated for every level, indicate year of graduation.
- If not graduated in any level, indicate the highest grade, level or units earned.
- Period of attendance are stated in school years (e.g. 1992-1996)
- Indicate any scholarship and/or academic honors received in each level.
IV. Civil Service Eligibility
- Indicate all civil service eligibilities earned with corresponding rating, date and place of examination/conferment.
- Career Service Sub-Professional
- Career Service Professional
- Career Service Executive
- PD 997 – Scientific and Technological Specialist
- EO132/790 – Veteran Preference Rating
- PD 907 – Honor Graduate
- RA 7883 – Barangay Health Worker
- Barangay Official
- If earned eligibility entails a license (RA 1080), indicate the license number and its date of validity.
V. Work Experience
- Indicate all positions held both in the public and private employment starting from current work.
- Inclusive dates are indicated in numeric format: mm/dd/yyyy.
- Indicate FULL position titles and COMPLETE NAME of department/agency/office/company. DO NOT ABBREVIATE.
- Indicate monthly salary in figures (e.g. P21,877).
- Salary grade and salary step, if applicable, should be stated in the format ”00-0” (e.g. 24-2, 24 for salary grade, 2 for salary step)
- Indicate status of employment (e.g. permanent, temporary, casual, contractual)
- Indicate “yes” under government service if position held is in the public or government employment or “no” if held in the private employment.
- Additional sheet for work experience should be accomplished and submitted together with the PDS in case of application to a vacant position. This should be accomplished only for work experience relevant to the position being applied to.
VI. Voluntary Work or Involvement in Civic/Non-Government/People/ Voluntary Organizations
- Indicate the FULL name and address of the organization where involved as voluntary worker.
- Inclusive dates, start (from) and end (to) should be in numeric format: mm/dd/yyyy.
- Indicate the number of hours of voluntary work rendered.
- Indicate the position/nature of voluntary work rendered.
VII. Learning and Development Interventions
- Indicate FULL titles of learning and development (L&D) interventions attended during employment. Indicate list from the most recent L&D.
- Inclusive dates of attendance, start (from) and end (to) should be in numeric format: mm/dd/yyyy.
- Indicate the number of hours attended for program.
- Indicate the type of L&D intervention (e.g. managerial, supervisory, technical).
- Indicate the FULL name of institution/agency that conducted or sponsored the program. DO NOT ABBREVIATE. (e.g. CSC should be Civil Service Commission).
VIII. Other Information
- Indicate special skills /hobbies.
- Indicate in FULL non-academic distinctions/recognition (awards received)
- Indicate membership in any professional association/organization by writing in FULL said association/organization.
- Indicate response to questions 34 to 40 on the right side of the sheet.
- Provide details or specifications for any yes response.
- Indicate the FULL name of references with the format FIRST NAME, MI, SURNAME, their addresses and respective telephone numbers.
- As agreement to and for completion of the PDS, the employee’s signature and right thumb mark should be affixed in the boxes provided. Indicate also the government ID number and date of issuance in the boxes provided. Lastly, attach a RECENT PASSPORT SIZE (4.5 cm. x 3.5 cm.) picture with COMPLETE AND HANDWRITTEN NAME TAG and SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED NAME. Picture must be taken within the last six (6) months. Computer generated or photocopied picture is not acceptable.
Source: Civil Service Commission